Everything you need to know about Vitamin C Serum - How to begin using it, how often to use it and what it actually does.
Is it necessary to apply Vitamin C to my skin?
Just as Vitamin C is an essential part of your diet, it is equally as important to incorporate it into your skincare routine. When we eat, drink, or supplement Vitamin C, our skin only receives a small fraction of the benefits. However, pressing Vitamin C into serum form, after it's been chemically altered, actually allows our skin to absorb more of it in an efficient way.
How do I incorporate a Vitamin C serum into my daily regime?
The general rule for skincare order of operations is to work thin too thick.
Apply formulas with a thinner consistency first so they have a chance to absorb into skin before applying thicker products.
STEP 1: Test Your New Product
Start off by testing a few drops of the Vitamin C Serum on a small section of your skin, preferably your wrist or the underside of your jaw, to ensure that your skin does not develop any irritations to your new product.
Once you are happy with your test patch, you can jump straight into using your Vitamin C Serum daily - no waiting needed!
STEP 2: Cleanse & Apply Serum
We recommend you always start with a clean, fresh face before applying any product.
Once you have cleansed your face, you can either apply your favourite toner next, or you can go ahead with applying your Vitamin C Serum. Put a few drops on your fingers and smooth a thin, even layer across your entire face and neck.
STEP 3: Moisturise
Once you have applied your Vitamin C Serum, allow it to absorb into your skin fully and then apply your favourite moisturiser and/or SPF. We recommend applying a light sunscreen in the mornings and a moisturising cream at night after application for best results.
Important tips to always keep in mind
- If you are prone to sensitive or dry skin, it's always advisable to apply toner after you cleanse your face, but before applying your serum to start off. You can ease away from the toner as your skin gets used to your new Vitamin C Serum if you'd like.
- Helpful Hint: Applying your serum directly after cleansing your face can increase the penetration rate of Vitamin C to help your skin effectively absorb as much of the product as possible.
- Wondering when to apply your Vitamin C serum? The answer is both morning and evening! Vitamin C's protection and free radical-fighting prowess eventually wears off, but you can build up a reservoir by repeating application in the evenings.
- Always use SPF with Vitamin C. Although Vitamin C Serum isn't a substitute for sunscreen (in fact, sun sensitivity increases with use), the two together can work in tandem to boost the skin's protection from damage.
- Store correctly and adhere to use by/expiration dates to ensure the potency hasn’t been compromised.
The benefits of using a Vitamin C Serum
Our Vitamin C Serum is infused with Hyaluronic Acid for maximum hydration. Hyaluronic Acid assists in balancing the moisture levels in the skin. It is used to plump and naturally lift sagging skin, diminishing any fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen and fighting the ageing process with free radicals.
Ingredients (30ml - 15% Vitamin C and 0,05% Hyaluronic Acid):
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Butylene Glycol, Betaine, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicylic Acid, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum.
Was this article helpful? Leave us a comment below :)